Wednesday, January 8, 2014

An Original Idea!

It has been awhile since I have shared an original idea! Although this is mostly inspired by Becca, the content is all my own idea!

When I had my first ever blate with Becca back in November, I was beyond nervous. I mean, the girl had the guts to leave our beautiful home state and move across the country to work for Disney for a whole year! I get panicky about leaving for a WEEK, let alone a YEAR! However, as soon as she sat down at our little table in the coffee shop, we hit it off. Three hours later, we finally had a reality check after discussing books, blogs, and basically everything. During our talk, Becca mentioned she was doing the Dopey Challenge at Disney World. I called her crazy and didn't think much about it.

This past Sunday, we had our second blate at one of my favorite local restaurants. We had to make sure not to stay to late because Becca was staying true to her goal and was off to Florida the next morning to get ready for the Challenge! Now, I have been told I am not medically cleared to run (thank goodness for knock-knees!), but I decided to challenge myself in honor of Becca's commitment to the Challenge.

For those of you who don't know what the challenge is, it is 4 days of running races throughout the Disney Parks. At the end of the challenge, Becca will have ran a total of 48.6 miles in 4 days..... yikes! So here is the breakdown of my own challenge compared to hers:

Thursday is her Disney Family Fun Run 5K. I will be posting a "5K Of Favorites", or 5 things that start with K that I happen to love.

Friday is the Walt Disney World 10K. I will post "10K Dream Vacations".

Saturday is the Walt Disney World Half Marathon - 13.1 miles. I will post a half marathon of favorite blogs - 13.1 Blogs I love and why I love them.

Sunday is the big finish - the Walt Disney World Marathon - 26.2 miles. I will post 26.2 fun facts about myself.


So, in essence, you get to learn more about me and running than you ever wanted to know. 

Get ready, 
get set,

CHALLENGE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.