Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Marathon of Facts!

It's the final day of the challenge!

Becca finished strong and kicked marathon butt (earning herself 6 fantastic medals!), so it's time to wrap up my mini challenge with....

26.2 Random Facts About Me!

1) I would rather read than watch a movie.
The book is always better, in my personal opinion. I get to have free range building the "movie" in my head as I read!

2) I am right-handed
(this was Jacop's contribution. He's a south paw.)

3) I hate tomatoes.
Of any nature, including ketchup. I will do everything in my power to avoid tomatoes!

4) I also hate fruit in food.
PSA: Please don't bake fruit into your food. It's not supposed to be there! The only exception is apple pie, and only because the apples still are crunchy a bit.

5) I don't discriminate against any book.
I will read them all. Even (shudder) Twilight got read. The only book I have ever not been able to bring myself to read is 50 Shades of Gray.

6) There is a very, very long list of movies I haven't seen.
Including all the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, or Back to the Future movies. Basically anything that is popular, I haven't seen.

7) I have seen some very unpopular movies
Thanks to my stepdad, I have seen Paint Your Wagon (Clint Eastwood sings...) and Elephant (based on Columbine, about a school shooting..... my cousin was in it!). Not recommended for most.

8) I hate cooking
If Jacop isn't home, I am either eating leftovers, at a friend's house, or snacking. I avoid the stove like the plague, because it is just too much effort for just me.

9) I love to bake
I haven't in a while due to the fact that I need to fit in my wedding dress, but baking is a great stress relief for me. I used to bake cakes and send them to work with my friend David. 

10) My original plan was to become an interpreter
I love everything about the Spanish language. I just realized around Spanish 302 that I can't actually speak it very well, and I would have failed without my friend Michelle.

11) I don't currently have a plan.
For my career, that is. Right now, I am focusing on paying off bills and trying to decide what my dream is so I can start chasing it. My plan is to let Jacop chase his dream now.

12) I am getting married in August
In case you are new here, Jacop and I got engaged in July 2013 and are getting married this summer! I honestly don't know where I would be without this man.

13) Technically, I am the youngest of 6 kids.
I have 2 biological sisters and 3 stepbrothers between my parents. I've only lived with 1 of my brothers, but I couldn't really imagine life without any one of my siblings.

14) My nieces and nephews mean the world to me
I love being an aunt. I love that Jordyn, Natalie, Levi, Priscilla, Brytten, and Samuel let me smother them with love and hugs and kisses. 

15) I am not biologically related to my nieces and nephews
My nieces are my stepbrothers' daughters - actually, each brother has one daughter! Levi and Samuel are my sister's best friend's kiddos and Brytten is Jacop's sister's little one.

16) I used to be a cheerleader
People now look at me and laugh a bit when I tell them, but I was a flyer my freshman year of high school. I miss cheering almost as much as I miss my cheerleader body!

17) I have a love/hate relationship with my body
I have been asked several times if I am pregnant. I'm not, but I carry my excess weight in my stomach area and have been slowly gaining weight. My goal is to tone up this year.

18) I have no willpower
Sweets are my downfall. I have no willpower over food - I think it's because all of my willpower goes into holding back all the sarcastic comments that come naturally to me all day every day.

19) I am a pack rat.
I haven't quite hit hoarder status JUST yet, but I am certainly close to it! I keep every card sent to me, every invitation, every little thing that might possibly hold the tiniest amount of sentimental value.

20) I am creative-minded
But I am not artistic. I would love nothing more than to sit around and create something all day every day... if I could. I am not crafty or artsy at all. 

21) I have a thing for water cups
I have a large collection of plastic cups and water bottles, but never can seem to remember to actually drink water from them. I just never think about it!

22) I have a small hot chocolate obsession
I love hot cocoa. I hate any other warm beverage, but Jacop has accused me of having a "borderline obsession" with cocoa. I have several different flavors in the cupboard right now!

23) I can't wait to own my own home.
I want to decorate my own space, with my own furniture and artwork. Our house right now looks very college kid chic, with hand-me-down furniture. I can't wait to update!

24) Once I start a series, I have to finish it.
I can't leave a series unfinished and I can't read anything else until it is done. The only exception is for Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and that is only because she is up to #20 and still writing...

25) The same goes with TV
If I start a show on Netflix, it is hard for me to stop watching it. I binge watch until the entire series is over, or at least caught up with current tv.

26) My mother is my best friend, and my hero.
Whenever I need to talk, my mom is my go-to person. The woman is quietly strong, and a fantastic listener with great advice. I don't know what I would do without her.

As for the 0.2 facts....
0.1) I write a blog!
Well, that was kind of a no brainer.....
0.2) I love to read other blogs!
Any reading suggestions? Leave them in the comments!

This concludes my version of the Dopey Challenge. Yikes, I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.