Saturday, January 11, 2014

10K Day.....a day late!

I know I promised this post on Friday, and all I can say is I'm sorry!

I spent Thursday night exhausted and Friday night I was making my tutu for my own 5K walk!

So, a day late, in honor of Becca's 10K, here is my challenge!

10 Vacation Spots that start with K:

1) Kailua, HI
Hello, Hawaii! Kailua is gorgeous, with a beautiful sandy beach that it really is paradise. Add in the fact that it is on the same island as Pearl Harbor and the Dole Plantation, with some spectacular hiking spots, and it is perfect for a family vacation!

2) Key West, FL
Always a good choice to go with an island for a vacation, right? Why not head to the island where Ernest Hemingway lived and wrote? There is even a museum of the author's home. That, and the beautiful beaches and the scuba possibilities!

3) Klamath Falls, OR
I can't do a vacation spot round up without a shout out to my home state! Klamath Falls is about an hour south of Crater Lake and is home to Klamath Lake, a great family camping spot! Also, if you are like my grandpa, you will love the tack shops and mule shows. 

4) Kingston, England
I have a small crush on England. I mean, it is where some of the literary greats come from, as well as fantastic actors and even TV shows and movies! This town has more of the traditional 1800s England feel to it, mixed in with the 21st Century.

5) Kingston, Jamaica
I can't think of Jamaica without thinking of Cool Runnings, but that may just be me. Kingston is in the heart of the country, where you can immerse yourself in the lively culture of Jamaica. 

Sadly, this looks like it is going to be a challenge fail post! I failed miserably to do my research before promising this post, and I am utterly ashamed to admit that the K's beat me.

Luckily, they did not beat Becca
Next up, the half marathon of blog loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.