Sunday, January 17, 2010

surprise surprise

I love surprises. Everything about them. Yet, they never happen to me.
I've never had anyone throw a surprise party for me. I have thrown plenty of parties for my friends, but never have had one for myself.
My favorite kind of surprise, however, is of the romantic variety. You know, like in movies, when the guy unexpectedly shows up at his girl's door, flowers in hand, just to say he loves her. I've always pictured a guy I like showing up at my door, daisies (my favorite) in hand, just to kiss me goodnight or say that he loves me. Needless to say, never has happened and probably never will. But hey, a girl can dream about the dead art of romance, right?
There's something to be said about the small romantic gestures: they make everything better. No matter if you have been having a good or a bad day, if your significant other gives you a small surprice of romance, everything is better. Unfortunately, very few people take the time for small gestures any more. Everyone just rushes around, running and running without a break.

My advice for the day?

take a break.


1 comment:

  1. Chin up Heidi, I know it seems like we live in a world where romanticism and chivalry have become relics of a forgotten past but some of us guys are still hopeless romantics looking for the right girl to hold the door open for. Keep looking Mr. Right might be just around the corner or just down the hall. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.