Thursday, January 14, 2010

being the best me I can be...

"You see things; and you say 'Why?'. But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?'"
~George Bernard Shaw

Its the beginning of a new year, even a new decade! I've never taken my new year's resolutions seriously before, but I'm striving hard to keep them this year. Why? Because I want to simply be a better person. Who likes a whiny, obnoxious, overweight grump who only cares about themself?

To start my life again, I've set down rules, not goals. I'm not one for setting a certain number down as to how much weight I'll lose or how many books I'll read. I'd rather set guidelines in place that I'm hoping to keep for the rest of my life. Let's hope I can make them work!

My new "life rules" are as follows:
  1. Work out everyday
  2. Eat healthier
  3. Stop procrastinating
  4. Volunteer whenever I can
  5. Stop complaining. Words only change the world when powerful and helpful.
  6. Focus on school / work. There's no need to worry about other things right now.
  7. Laugh a little more every day.

I've been following the rules so far (for the most part), with one blaring exception. I can't seem to find a volunteer position that fits in with school and work. I love helping people, and this is the first time in a long time that I haven't been volunteering and helping out. I am looking for a great cause that will let me volunteer up to 4 days a week (maybe two to five hours a day?). Any helpful ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.