Friday, January 8, 2010

food for thought

The concept of living with a complete stranger scared me to death. 

I had never met Ashely and now the school expected us to live together?

What if she turned out to be the complete opposite of me? What if we hated each other?

I didn't like the idea of change. I'm slow to adapt to changes, and I am "overly cautious".
I had lived in the same house for 18 years, in the same super small town.


Looking back now, moving in with a stranger is possibly the best thing to ever happen to me. I moved out of my small closed-minded comfort zone, and stepped into a whole new world.

Ashely is now the best friend I could possibly ask for. We can't have secrets when we're together 24/7. We are the opposite of each other in that she's laidback, easy going, and up for anything. I'm high-strung, energetic, and uncomfortable with going without a plan.

We keep each other sane. When one of us gets hurt or confused by a guy situation, the other one steps up and goes into protector mode. We also have opposite tastes in guys, so there won't be any backstabbing or boyfriend stealing ;)

all in all, change is good, and my roommate is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.