Thursday, June 10, 2010

The end of a beginning

MEH.
Why must all good things end?

It's the final week of freshman year (ah tonight's my final night in the dorms!!).
Most people are already packed and outta here. Visits promised, hugs exchanged, dorms cleaned out.

I'm thinking it's the end of the beginning. But it's beginning to be new again.

I'm moving to a house (yes! a legit HOUSE!) with my cousin (and her adorable baby boy).
My roommate/best friend is moving into an apartment THREE BLOCKS AWAY (score!).
There's a redbox (dvd rentals for those of you who are scratching your heads in wonder) perfectly inbetween. Saturdays or Mondays are going to become our date nights. Popcorn, movie, best friend - life is sweet :)

However, some friends are moving home for the summer, and others will be moving away for good. One friend is moving to a college on the East Coast, in South Carolina. We never got extremely close, but classes just won't be the same with out her. Another friend is off to New Zealand for a study-abroad for 5 months. We won't see her darling face state-side until next January. More friends are moving on to bigger schools, ranging from 20 minutes to 3 hours away. I can't help but wonder - what is the future bringing?

No matter where people end up, I'm amazingly glad I got the chance to gain, lose, and gain again some good friends. It will be weird, not seeing the same familiar faces on campus, but maybe this is my chance. Time to break free of the Honors classes (just for fall term- nothing is offered for me!) and meet new people. Venturing out of my shell broadened my circle of friends immensely this last term, so who knows what all non-Honors classes will bring?

Well, since I should be packing and finishing my English take-home final, I guess it's time to end this odd, depressing post. Anybody else going through big changes right now? Share away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.