Saturday, June 12, 2010

eeeek!

My best friend graduated high school last night!!!

I'm incredibly proud of her. She survived transferring schools halfway through senior year and managed to come out the happiest I have ever seen her. She could not stop grinning and hugging every person she knew. I love her to death and am beyond happy and excited for her!

Last night was pretty much all around excellent. My good friend Cady went to Sarah's graduation with me, and we had A LOT of catching up to do. Gosh, I love that girl. We are so incredibly different that we mesh quite well. We give each other new perspectives on everything, and she pushed me to make a decision that I've been waffling over for the past few weeks. Here's to no regrets!

Sitting outside the Flo-Town DQ, eating ice cream and sitting on the hood of my car, was possibly one of my favorite moments ever. It was slightly warm (shocking!) and so chatting wasn't causing us to freeze.

Talking and seeing Sarah graduate made me realize what great friends I've got. Moving away, I lost touch with almost everyone I grew up with, and some of them will probably stay out of touch.

However, I managed to gather three amazing, crazy, wonderful best friends. Funny thing is, they have never met. Sydnie has been there the longest, my better side since seventh grade. She moved to a bigger school after freshman year, and Sarah moved to Crow my sophomore year. Surprisingly they have never met each other. Odd. And neither one has met Ashely, the freaking awesome roommate I got randomly paired up with (thank you, office of university residences!). I feel like I'm torn between the three, as to who is really my number one. But I can't choose. They are all so different, so amazing, and so close to me. Sydnie is my cookie friend who can talk friends and "friends" (best tv show EVER) for hours with me. Sarah and I have weathered more than our fair share of troubles together (side by side, never against each other) and we can talk about anything, any time. Ash...well, I can't even put our relationship into words. I'm the crazy, disorganized, all-over-the-place one, and she keeps me rooted and sane.

These three girls are family to me. They are among the most important people in my life. I would give my life for any of them, and I can't even say how incredibly glad I am that they have all been brought into my life.

Well, this was a random post.....I seem to always start out with one blog topic in mind and then go off on random tangents...whoops! Have a great day everyone, and take time to appreciate those people you just can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.