Thursday, June 24, 2010

birthday!

That's right.
Today, we celebrate my birth.
And by "we celebrate", I mean a bunch of people text/Facebook birthday wishes to me from various glorious vacation spots.

That's a slight downside to summer birthdays, but I've had 19 of them so I'm pretty used to it by now.

Today was actually a fairly good one :)

My new roommate happens to also be my cousin, and she happens to have an adorable 4 1/2 month old son. I played with the baby while she got ready for work, and he's pretty much the coolest thing since sliced bread. I mean, he doesn't cry unless his tooth hurts or he's hungry. Pretty kickass little kid.

Then it was a glorious three hour time frame to myself. Hello, cozy couch and the excellent chick flick Serendipity. Perfection :)

Off to Latin American film class, a pretty legit class that is slowly climbing my favorites list. We watched a horribly depressing film (very eye opening, however!) about the repression in El Salvador. Finally talked to someone in the class (yay me!), AND helped the professor remember the right word.

Then, off to study for online class, Human Migration. Ran into a girl who was in my English class spring term in the Honors lounge, and we both awkwardly could overhear what was supposed to be a confidential meeting - maybe they shouldn't hold them in rooms where the wall bordering a lounge isn't a full wall...

Then, it was off to enjoy the day! Called up Ash, ex-roommate/best friend, and within ten minutes I was at her house for an impromptu birthday celebration. She treated me to Shari's (crepes, stuffed hashbrowns, and coconut cream pie?? hello, heaven) and we went and got me a new debit card (yay! no more scratched stripe!).

On my way home, my current roommate Stacy calls me up and asks what I want for dinner for my birthday. Due to the shortage of time before I had to dash to work, we settled on pizza - our friend Tristan picked it up and brought it over. However, it was "you-bake", and it wasn't quite finished when I left, so I have pizza waiting for me when I get home :) Also, Tristan bought me a "dessert pizza", which I have no idea what it is and I'm excited to try it :)

Only downer is that no one at work has remembered my birthday, but oh well. It's mostly men when I get here anyways and we ALL know how their memory is ;) One front desk girl DID facebook me a happy birthday, so I guess that counts :)

All in all, a good, simple birthday :) I've been celebrating all week, with dinner with Ash on Monday, lunch with Marianne on Tuesday, lunch with Carolee and Mike yesterday, and dinner with my families this coming Saturday and next Tuesday.

Well, 19, let's get this party started. I liked 18, so don't be too hard on me, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.