Wednesday, March 3, 2010

it's all in my head

I'm intrigued by the human mind.
         I would love to know how it works.
Run by emotions, chemicals really.
         Neurons firing, it's just science, that's all.
Yet we are not all the same. Strange.
          We all have a variety of emotions, fluctuating.
Mad and crying, happy and smiling,
           All ideas of one little grayish mass.
Is it science, then, when we discover a new crush?
          When we claim we're in love, is it a real emotion
Or just the chemicals slightly out of sync?
          Who can say what love truly is? I can't.
Maybe we may never truly know.
          Is love just the right formula?
How can another being affect us so?
         Or are we just looking for an excuse to procreate?
Who knows?
         I don't. Maybe I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.