Friday, March 5, 2010

it's a beautiful thing

I'm a big fan of words, and quotes. I absolutely love this collection. This is where I discovered the wise words of George Bernard Shaw, a man after my own heart. I absolutely love 2 of his quotes:

1. “You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?"
and
2. “If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance.”

George Bernard Shaw is amazing. Among my other favorites are dear ol' Mark Twain ("Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first”), Friedrich Nietzsche ("We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.”), and many, many more great men and women.

All in all, I plain love words. They can encourage, destroy, love, hate, and invoke any feeling in the world. Languages are amazing, constantly changing, adapting, growing. Every language is beautiful, even to those who don't understand.

Let me leave you with one more deliciously tasty quote:
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people"
~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.