Saturday, March 13, 2010

family ties

there's this funny thing about families.

you can have more than one.

in fact, i have several.

sure, i'll probably always be the closest to my blood family.

nobody quite understands me like my big sisters :)

but i have more than one family to run to during hard times.

i know i will always have ties to my hometown, blood related or not.

i can always rely on my L52 family, those girls have got my back.

the honors program at my school has provided me with a large safety net, a new family.

every class i take, i make new friends.

friends are like family. there are the immediate family, the friends you can always count on.

there are the first cousins, who are close but not quite sibling-like.

then you can expand into a variety of distant cousins, some slightly closer than others.

no matter what, you will always have a family, no matter where you turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.