Saturday, March 6, 2010

uh, hi, remember me?

I'm always the one in the corner.
I'm never front and center, and I'm ok with that.
I like being an observer.
Someone has to be on the outside, right?
Still.

Every outsider wants in, even if only for a few moments.
I'm ok with the corner,
but is it too much to ask
that I get my ten minutes in the spotlight?
Please.

I listen, always the listener.
I don't offer advice anymore
I just am someone who listens.
Why am I never allowed to talk?
Shhh.

I'm always invisible in a group.
I'm never an important guest.
It's ok most of the time, I'd rather make a fuss over others.
When is it my turn to be noticed?
Never.

I'm the fair-weather friend.
I'm there when nobody else is.
I support, even when you ignore my entire existance.
Is it so hard for you to talk to me with other around?
Apparently.



Lately, I've noticed that once again, I'm the fall-back friend. I'm the Plan B, when nobody better is around. Certain people ignore me unless I'm the only person available to talk to. It's killing me.

So, in keeping with becoming a better person, I'm stomping my foot down. I refuse to be an invisible doormat anymore. You don't want me around during the good times? You can sure as hell forget about me during the bad ones. I'm not just someone to vent to. I can do more than listen. I'm a good person, and I know how to have a good time. I'm done. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.