Monday, July 9, 2012

Vacation and nostalgia



Oh goodness. 
I know I said I'd be a little more consistent around this place... So sorry!
I'm a little flustered, that's all.
I leave TOMORROW for my 21st birthday trip, my present from my mama.
oh, where to?

Well, my mama is taking my aunt, my roommate, and I to the Bahamas on a cruise!
Hello, beautiful weather; well, even more beautiful weather - Oregon FINALLY decided that summer is here!
Tomorrow night we head to PDX to fly out to Orlando.
Thursday, we board the Carnival cruise.
Friday, it's hello, Nassau!
Saturday, Half Moon Cay.
Sunday, a day out to sea.
Monday, docking and back to the hotel (which, my mom pointed out, has a swim up bar. Hellllllo.)
THEN.
Tuesday.
My lifelong dream for the past two years comes true.


We're going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!!
Yeah, I'm a nerd.
However, I am 100% part of the Harry Potter generation.
I grew up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. 
I was 9 when I first started reading the books, and they always came out around my birthday.
I would take the newest book, hide in my room, and do nothing but read until I finished.
(Usually, I was holed up for a solid day.)
I saw every single movie in theaters with my stepdad - it was our father/daughter dates.
I finally got him and my mom to read the books last year.

I reread the books for this trip, and the following conversation actually happened:
me: After all this time, and after however many rereadings, Harry Potter still gets to me.
Mom: I know. I have been buried in #6 all day :)
Me: I still get chills up and down my spine.
Mom: Yep. & tears to my eyes.

My sisters and I have been stealing each other's Harry Potter games, shirts, and other random items for years... I still need to steal my Scene It! game back from them, now that I think about it....

Anyways, now you know I am a nerd and proud of it.

Oh, and feel free to hate me for cruising. I'll be too busy drinking and "tanning" to worry about it!
(I say "tanning" but I really mean cowering away from the sunshine because I am the same shade as Casper)

Sorry it's gonna be slow around these parts. I'll post with an update and pictures when I return next week!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Avy!
      It was a blast! I'll be posting updates this week.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I definitely want to go to Harry Potter world! My mom and I are huge fans of the books and movies, so I think we would really enjoy it--especially if we go together! It's my goal to get her there someday. And a cruise sounds fantastic! This summer, I've seen a few bloggers do similar things, so it's nice to hear that you're having just as much fun. I hope that you had a splendid birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter World is a BLAST! It was crazy busy, so make sure to get there super early - try to be among the first in the gate, otherwise plan on at least an hour in each line. Also, invest in a fast pass! it was totally worth the extra money to skip lines.
      The cruise was fantastic. I'll be posting updates all this week, so thanks for reading!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.