Thursday, September 30, 2010

Really?

Have you ever wanted to walk up to a stranger and thwack them a good one on the back of the head, Gibbs style?

Well, if you met some of the people I have recently, you'd want to. For example, a girl in my Survey of British Lit class today. I wanted to walk up to her and say, "Hi. I'm not nearly $20,000 in debt so that we could all sit around and listen to you babble and make a complete idiot out of yourself. Please shut the hell up and let DOCTOR Bliss speak. I'm pretty damn sure you have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about, and I'm here to learn. Thanks."

Seriously. I hate when people interrupt the professor to make a point in general, but this blathering idiot was just being incredibly dumb. I'm not an expert on the Bible, not even close, but even I know that Cain did not kill Able because God told him to. Also, when referencing other texts (i.e. relating Lord of the Rings to Beowulf) please, please have accurate knowledge of at least one of your reference points! Yes, the professor just related the two texts, but you don't have to try to outdo them. They are being paid for their knowledge of this subject.

It irks me that I have to deal with her all term. ten more weeks. oh. my. GOSH. I may end up punching her at some point. Luckily, my friend Kristin was equally annoyed with the girl, so we mimed various ways of hurting her to each other whenever she talked. which was A LOT. I have a feeling Kristin's water bottle may be afraid for its life for a long, long time.

It was just that one thing that sent me reeling into frazzeled and frustrated mode. Taking 17 credits is no where near how busy I have been before so far, but I'm already stressed out and it's only week one. This is going to be an insanely busy term! I'm up to my ears in homework and confused as heck most of the time. Apparently, during my 19 years (ok, maybe only 17 years) of being an avid reader, I was reading all the wrong material. There were about 700000000 x 10^23 references I've missed this week. Add that onto hormones in general (teenage girl syndrome sucks.), and frustration at family and at home (whole three hundred other stories) and you get one pissy, frustrated, tired little girl. All I want to do is run home to Grandma Tiny's and curl up under my favorite quilt, drinking cocoa and avoiding the world.

up until today, I was happy. Happier than I have been in a very, very, very long time. I finally got a new car (well, new to me) and don't have to worry about riding in a ticking time bomb, also affectionately known as Bibs, the '94 Oldsmobile. My 1990 Corolla is in better shape and overall looks better than poor Bibsy. He hasn't been named yet... Almost all of my friends are back in town now, with the glaring exception of Amy, who is currently completing a semester (term?) in New Zealand for her study abroad. Heidi and I have become closer than ever, spending almost every day together (yes, we have the same name, and yes we love to confuse people). I've been really getting to know the aforementioned Kristin, who happens to be Heidi W.'s roommate, and I'm kinda sad we didn't hang out more last year. Life has been good, minus one odd guy in my Spanish class who can't take a hint (he's nice and all, but kind of annoying, and was way too interested in the fact that I'm still single. Oh, did I mention he's 31?). I'm getting to know the awesome new Honors freshmen slowly, and they all seem like pretty cool people. One girl, Kailee, wants to be a criminal profiler. Not to be confused with my sister Kailee, who wants to be a doctor, or surgeon, or something super smart and medical-y.

And now I feel better. Rambling about the good in life actually outweighs the bad almost, and hopefully sleep will restore my spirit. And the chance to do some laundry...

2 comments:

  1. I hate those people. I stopped going to a class last year because all I ever heard was this girl complaining about how horrible it was growing up and going to school in Lowell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if there were a way to like this post I would be all over that. Because it's true and we're awesome, and people worship me...and I guess you can join that on the basis of your name alone. So LIKE! And I can't wait to see that girl get the beat down, although unlike Gibbs my preferred method is going for an elbow to the throat, only in special cases, which seem to happen a lot. So I am with you on this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.