Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My perfect theme song

Everyone needs a theme song, in my opinion. I mean, everyone marches to the beat of their own drum, but there can sometimes be that one song that perfectly describes you, or a part of you.

My friend Stephen says his theme song is The Way I Feel by the 12 Stones. Good song, although slightly depressing.

Me personally? I just found my theme song by accident. Yes, it was sang on Glee by Idina Menzel (gorgeous), and that may be how I came across it, but the original Barbra Streisand version is amazing. Just listen here. (the song starts about 47 seconds in)

Funny Girl

Funny.
Did you hear that?
Funny.
Yeah, the guy said
"Honey, you're a funny girl."

That's me.
I just keep them in stitches
Doubled over
And although I may be all wrong for a the guy
I'm good for a laugh.

I guess it's not funny.
Life is far from sunny
When the laugh is over
And the joke's on you
A girl oughta have a sense of humor.

That's one thing you really need for sure
When you're a funny girl
The fella said, "A funny girl"
Honey, how it ain't so funny
Funny

3 comments:

  1. dear heidi.
    have you seen the movie?
    it is very good.
    you should rent it sometime.
    love, kailee

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you seen the movie? even better than the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahah must be a twin thing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.