Sunday, February 14, 2010

once upon a time...

I used to be a big believer in romance. The whole over-the-top, mushy-gushy stuff, with flowers and candy galore. I used to think that every relationship was based off of the romantic gifts, the surprise flowers, all of that.

Now?

Now, I want a relationship that's real. I don't want to have to put on a show. If someone wants me, I want to make sure its because they want all of me. Not just the "smart pretty" me (by the way, who are they kidding??) but the nitty gritty real stuff. I want to know that I can call them crying endlessly and they won't get scared. They have to be able to handle all of my drama, and yes, I know there is a lot. I want someone who can throw on sweats and spend the day having an impromptu picnic on my floor with me, who is comfortable with my hair all messy and no make up on. Someone who can challange me intellectually but also lets me the goofball that I am. I need someone who can handle camping in the extreme outdoors, who can be a total country boy. We should be able to hang out on Sundays, camped out in front of the TV watching football.

But who says you need to be in a relationship to lead a full life? I'm content hanging out with all my friends. I've got people, and my people let me be whoever I want to be. I can get all dressed up and go out on the town, or I can snuggle up with hot chocolate, a good book, and my favorite movies. I have people who make me laugh, others who listen to me when I cry. I've got good people, and a solid support system.

All in all,

Love is the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.