Wednesday, February 24, 2010

judgement day.

No more.
I refuse.
My foot? Down.
I'm done.

With what?
Sterotypes.

They're everywhere.
People judge others based on appearences, and stick them in a particular grouping.
I'm tired of it.
If all sterotypes were true, I'd be an antisocial, backwoods, accented slut, just o name a few things.
Because I'm an honors student, and a cheerleader, from a small town that nobody has ever heard of.
It's ridiculous.
Where I'm from and what I do does not define me as a person.
My hair is currently dyed black, which is majorly bold for me.
Does that mean I'm a goth, or defying social standards?
Hell no! I simply like dark hair, and I thought I'd try it out myself.
Sterotypes, sadly, are here to stay.
Human nature is to judge others on sight.
You can't deny it. You can try to, but deep down you know it's true.
We judge people who are different than us because we have no idea what it is like to be them.
We don't know how to be anyone but ourselves.
Yet we try to force others into living like us.
Most people are dissatisfied with their lives in someway or another.
Why push someone else into your unhappiness?

Why judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.