Saturday, February 13, 2010

a delicate balance

some people believe in a greater being, acting as one giant puppetmaster with intricate maps of our lives planned ahead of time.
others believe in karma, where what you do in life has a say in what life does to you.

Me?
I don't know what to believe.
I am still searching for my answers, while more questions come to mind every day.

One thing I do believe in is balance. To me, the world exists in a perfect balance, where every bad moment is counteracted by a good one. I don't necessarily believe that every person leads a well-rounded life where everything turns out even in the end. I just believe that to keep the world going, both good and evil are required. The bad acts of death, crime, breakups, etc. are all counterbalanced by births, heroic acts, marriages, and the like.

For every bad relationship, there is a good one at the exact same time somewhere else in the world. For every death there is at least one birth. For every robbery there is a charity act. For every harsh word there is a soothing coo.

If we focus solely on either the good or the bad, we lose our balance and fall. Imagine a tightrope, the walker tiptoeing along the wire. On the left, every bad decision the walker has ever made. On the right, every good moment from the walker's life. If the walker turns to focus only on one or the other, balance is gone. The walker falls, hoping there is a net below waiting to provide a safe place to regain senses.

just remember,

balance is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.