Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little update

So, I haven't been the best blogger, but that's because I've been focusing on other areas at the moment - sorry Bumblings!

For example, my mom and my good friend helped me clean and reorganize my bedroom once and for all, so I've been trying super hard to maintain a clean room - a battle against a life long habit. Right now it's a little crowded with Christmas presents I still need to give out and a giant pile for goodwill (yay downsizing!)

Also, I'm trying to step back from technology a little more. I read my blogs every morning and allow myself an hour at night to check Pinterest, Twitter, etc. I went a little over today & yesterday catching up on Hulu, but now I'm moving my kitchen timer into my bedroom to stay on track.

Also, I've been trying to stay more on top of homework. I've already slacked off too much and am playing catch up, a feeling I despise with all of my heart. I WILL get back on track.

Also, I've tried to start cooking more and eating less. Sounds a little backwards, but when I cook I actually eat less because when I don't cook I gorge myself on random CRAP. Literally, I'll eat like three granola bars, some cereal, some pudding, and a yogurt. If I cook, I can restrain myself to one small serving. Weird, right?

Another thing I'm actually proud of spending time on is our website for my internship. This has been the accumulation of several months' work and reworking and tweaking. (P.s. I took that picture for the banner. It's a building on campus!)

So, here's my plan - half an hour on social networking, half an hour on here each day to keep myself sane. Other than that, it's gonna just be me and my homework, as well as working out with a friend four nights a week (excluding tonight due to nasty, freezing, rainy weather).

Also, anyone have any good, HEALTHY recipes? All I keep finding on Pinterest tends to be dessert..... maybe it's because my soon-to-be sister-in-law (still so weird to say!) keeps pinning delicious chocolatey goodness because she has a tiny body and weirdly awesome metabolism (chasing my 11 month old niece around all day probably helps too....)

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing a post on healthy substitutes later this week! There are many recipes that can be made much healthier! Be sure to check it out :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST figured out how to reply to your comment - I'd love some tips to eat a little healthier!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.