Saturday, December 31, 2011

Toodles, 2011

I figure I could jump on the bandwagon and do a detailed breakdown of 2011, but I don't have pictures or the energy to link to a bunch of my old posts. Clearly, 2011 was the year of the blogging breakdown - blog posts decreased significantly, and became a lot more whiny. So sorry about that!

Well, glimpsing back at this year, it's been a loooong one. I can look back and off the top of my head recall these good moments:

taking 24 credits Spring Term (and kicking butt in each class
getting closer to English majors (who I desperately miss!
being offered an internship out of what I had expected to be my least favorite summer class
becoming very self confident and happy for the first six months of the year
turning 20 (and working 2 jobs on my birthday)
celebrating two years at my incredible job (oh, and the dollar per hour pay raise in June followed by a 24 cent raise in December)
My roommate moving in on the first day of February
having a super low key Thanksgiving and Christmas for once
Harry Potter parties!
The final harry potter movie premiere
Attending three cousins' weddings this summer
The birth of two cousins, announcement of another three on the way
The birth of my beautiful niece in February, her parents' engagement on Christmas


As well as these low points:

Three people close to me being diagnosed with cancer
People from my childhood passing away
Cyberbullying
Being hurt by two people I used to care about
Fall term being the worst in my college career thus far
Parents being hospitalized for a) a heart attack and b)two asthma attacks
Losing myself in self doubt and self deprecation for six months


This has been a very topsy-turvy year, full of highs and lows. Here's hoping that 2012 is less eventful, or at least filled with more highs than lows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.