Friday, June 29, 2012

My big kid wish list

Well, it's official. This kid is finally considered a big kid now.

That's right. This little girl just turned 21 years old last Sunday. Needless to say, my first few drinks will always be my favorite! Whoever invented the June Bug at the local sports bar is a mixing GENIUS. now if I had only remembered what was in them...... Well, I did get quite tipsy, and drunk text a few people, on Sunday, but I cut myself off after my lips went numb and only actually called my roommate.

I learned some things about Drunk Heidi: she is very, very forgetful - I forgot I had broken up with my boyfriend, I forgot which bedroom was mine AND where the bathroom is in my teeny tiny apartment, and I forgot how to spell. I also learned I am a loving drunk, telling my friends no less than six times that I really loved them on the drive home - it is a five minute drive.

Grown up Heidi now works full-time, at least for the summer, so the fact that I was not hungover on Monday was a pleasant surprise. Monday is my day off, so my friend and her maid of honor (the wedding is tomorrow! yikes!) took me to a spa about two hours away. BLISS. It's a contempo spa, so there was nothing hands-on about it. I really enjoyed the waterbed-esque hydrotherapy massage table; I coulda stayed there all day.

Anywho, as I have been busy with work, birthday stuff, and the aforementioned wedding, this poor little online space has been neglected (as has my apartment; Hurricane Heidi hit and still hasn't been picked up....)

It's been a long time coming, but I've decided to start taking this blogging business a little more seriously. I've got all summer to get myself educated on how this all works and to maybe, probably, start making a few changes around here. I am working on a better posting schedule, and I'm gonna try to stick with it, including scheduling posts ahead of time when I know I am gonna get crazy busy. Who knows, maybe I'll even have some more guest posts.... The last one is my most popular post!

Well, time to get back to finding my apartment again.... Here's to being a "grown-up"....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.