Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mama(s) And Me

Every time Mother's Day rolls around, I can't help but think about all the different types of families out there. Safeway has FINALLY started to make more than just Mom cards - they have aunt, sister, and grandma cards for more than just kids now. Somehow, they still haven't caught onto the "stepmom" card yet - nobody has! I don't really get it, but oh well.

Now, last year I did a round up of my moms- mom, stepmom, and grandma. You can learn all about these wonderful women here. I still cannot express just how important these women are to me. Words just can't cut the mustard on this topic.

Surprisingly, I also have a lot of friends that are mothers. Not so much at school - I only have two or three there, but a lot of friends from back home (family friends, not high school!) and coworkers.

I actually admire mothers. The good ones, who care for their kids every day of every week, making sure to take the time to really be with their kid. I can't stand the idea of being a mother myself - I prefer the return policy that comes with being an aunt - but I do admire mothers. It takes a strong woman to bring life into this world. Not every can do it, and there are some people (myself included) who really shouldn't.

To me, mothers (and fathers) are the superheros of the world. Moms love unconditionally, and heck, they have to have superhuman strength to carry us around for nine months and then give birth! Ouch. So, moms of the blog world, thank you.

Thank you for loving your children. Thank you for raising the next generation to the best of your ability. Thank you for struggling to sleep, for making sure there's food on the table and a roof over head, for being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.