Monday, November 14, 2011

Time to put on the big girl panties...

.... and deal with it.

Ok, my last post got a little whiny and desperate at the end. (Not kosher, Heidi!) Sorry guys!

It was a weird weekend. Friday was spent sleeping until 2 or 3 due to no sleep the previous two nights (do you know how hard it is to sleep when stressed out??), followed by a few episodes of Felicity (thanks to Camilla for mentioning it & sparking my curiosity) and work. Then a mini marathon of Felicity until 3 AM (what? the show is AWESOME.)

Saturday was an interesting day. I did absolutely nothing! Well, nothing productive anyways. I worked all day, which basically consisted of me watching Hulu while waiting for patients. I came home & curled up with my laptop to clear out my Hulu queue while a friend came over and did laundry. Sadly, hormones got the best of me and i ended up crying myself to sleep over stupid crap.

Sunday was fabulous! Although it started terribly because my alarm clock decided to break on me and made me 20 minutes late for work, work was slow and we even got let go three minutes early! (considering we usually are kept 15 minutes late, that's a big deal...)

Then came the best part of the weekend. My good work friend, Shiloh, turned 26 on Thursday and had a little get together on Sunday at her place. Her fiance, Will, cooked up delicious pork ribs (I don't really care for any pork products, but damn those ribs were good!), potatoes with onions, and threw together a delicious salad. There were raspberry lemonade martinis before dinner (I'll admit, I had  a diluted one in a port glass, but it lasted me a good three hours. yuuuuck.) and champagne with dinner (two sips & I was done. How do people drink that stuff???). However, after dinner is when it got hilarious! We pulled out the cards and I got my ass whooped in Bullshit. Then out came Uno. Have you ever played Couples' Uno? It's the same as regular Uno, but you get a partner who you can trade cards with if they get stuck. It makes the game go by super quick.

We ended up just sitting around and chatting until 11:30, the four of us left at the end. It was so nice to just kick back and forget my troubles for a few hours. I met some really nice people, and I can't wait to work with all of them while planning Shiloh & Will's wedding.


Now? Now it's time I work on me. I need to work on letting go of certain people who don't deserve my friendship, and to work on putting myself back together. I got so overwhelmed Sunday that I felt like I couldn't breathe from all the crap weighing on my mind. I need to spend time focusing on me and my issues. I need to relearn how to breathe. I need to laugh and smile more, cry and worry less. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.