Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ready, set.....what now?

I'm stuck.

I have a thousand things I want to do, but I have no idae how to get them started! Everythng ranging from getting my apartment clean (well, that's just because I'm lazy) to planning out my next five years. I want to have inspiration boards and put all my creative ideas out on paper, but I don't know how. I don't know what my next step is, in any direction.

This is why my little blog has been fairly quiet. I have been at a road block for months now, with ideas that just won't come out. I've opened a new post several times, and then just sat here, staring at all the white space with no words to fill it up.

However, I am now forcing myself to get creative. Next week, I have an entire day planned with just me and the three corkboards I bought three months ago. Magazines, scissors, paper, markers, goals on notecards - whatever I feel like will help me feel like I am actually working towards something worthwhile.

Why am I doing this now?

Because as of last night, my best work friend asked me to plan her wedding. Yep, that's right. This girl just became a wedding planner. I have two years to work out the details, but I'm scared I might have bitten off more than I can chew. We're both fairly indescisive, but she's also picky, so we'll see what happens. I might also be a bridesmaid, maybe. She hasn't decided if she wants two or three (I'd be #3).

So, here's to gettin' my creative-ness flowing. Any wedding planning tips or creativity tips????

1 comment:

  1. Pinterest!! It will become your best friend :)You can make personalized idea boards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.