Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I walked into a rememory....

I know I said I was going to be taking a break from my little blog, but I'm back! Well, back-ish.

It seems like lately there's been a blogging slump all across the blogosphere, and its seems that there's a writing slump all over my life.

I can't seem to focus on much of anything lately, but rereading a few favorite blogs of mine reminded me why I started this little shindig in the first place. I got too caught up in reading the "popular blogs" and lost all my self-esteem as a writer. Then, today, it was like a big slap in the face that caught my attention.

This is called "Bumblings" for a reason.

I ramble. I get so lost in my thoughts that I constantly forget what I was saying or why I was saying it. I whine and I blab and I talk. It's what I do. I realized I need to stop caring about the number of followers or the lack of importance of my little web heaven. This is my little life out loud, my screaming at the top of my lungs or pouring my heart and soul into something I am damn proud of. Who cares that my life is lived in jeans and a sweatshirt? (Yes, Oregon weather has been so awful that the sweatshirts are still not stored away yet) Who cares that I don't play games or try to keep a series going?

I like being an original thinker. I like having a way to say what I need to say.

So, my plans? What plans? I prefer living life one baby step at a time. Life is not a set of steps laid down in linear order, or a pretty blueprint with directional arrows. Life is unexpected. Life is out of my hands, so let's see what it throws at me, shall we?

(*the title comes from Toni Morrison's Beloved, a very, uhm, interesting read)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.