Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sisters

"God help the mister / who comes between me and my sister/ and God help the sister/ who comes between me and my maaaaaan!"

Can I just say how amazing sisters are?

Sure, we fought like cats and dogs when we were little, but now I don't think I could live without them. Of course, having awesome sisters like mine does help.

Take my oldest sister, Brittni. She ALWAYS buys the parents' Christmas gifts, and picks up little things for me, yet never demands I pay her back immediately. She's worked her way through her bachelor's degree in Animal Science, and did college the right way - amazingly good grades, never partying or doing anything stupid. Now she's working off loans, and being an awesome big sister. She is an older, quieter version of me in certain ways - we both would rather curl up with a good book (yes, we have the same taste in books) than go out, we are both sarcastic most of the time, and we both have had teh job I currently have (she had this job right before I did). On the other hand, we can be total opposites - she prefers ballet flats where I love heels, she is more studious and hard working, while I can be a bit of a slacker, and she doesn't like to talk much to new people while I'll blab away to anyone. She is always the first to crack a joke at my expense and has no idea how old I am, but she's fiercly protective and will beat up anyone who hurts me. We've gotten a lot closer since we live in different cities, and I love going south to visit both of my sisters (they live together) as much as I can. Brittni is Mom's favorite, since they are almost the same person.

And then there's the middle sister, Kailee. She is different from me and brittni in the looks - she has brown eyes, curly hair like our dad while we have our mother's blue eyes and wavy messy hair - but we are all scarily similar in personality. Kailee has always been the funny one of the family, making everyone laugh constantly. She is also the peace keeper - she mediates all arguments in the family. She and I differ in our choices of majors (hers - human physiology, mine - English and Spanish), our choice of shoes (again, she likes flats while I like to be as tall as possible), and ou friends (I love hers, she doesn't like most of mine). She's outgoing and people-friendly, while I prefer to be surrounded by people I know, and I get annoyed very, very quickly. She's my war buddy, sticking up for me in family fights every single time. She's Dad's favorite, as close to a tomboy as any of us ever got. She lives and breathes football, and attends Dad's favorite school.

My sisters and I are all covered in scars from our battles as children. I literally bit Kailee once. However, I would take a bullet for either one of them any day. We are all so much closer now, since I know I can trust them to take care of me no matter what. We've gone to hell and back together, fighting our stepmother, worrying about family illnesses, and bonding over Harry Potter. Yes, Harry Potter. We are all obsessed. Brittni and I share books back and forth all the time, and she always steals anything Harry Potter related that I own any chance she gets.

Like the quote above from White Christmas, I love my sisters and any person who gets in between us will be in grave danger.

I cannot WAIT 'til Christmas Eve, when the three of us will be sleeping over at Gramma Tiny's, eating Christmas candy and enjoying each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.