Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hasta la bye-bye, 2010

Since this is probably my last post of the year - and my last time near internet for the year- I figure I will send 2010 off with a couple of interesting thoughts.

Last year, around this time, this little blog didn't exist yet. I thought that by 2011 I would be :
1) Dating a certain blonde intellectual friend of mine
2) Living with my dorm roommate and two of our friends
3) Visiting home once a week at least
4) Enjoying ice cream dates with my stepmother and my brother's used-to-be-ex-now-current-and-pregnant-girlfriend
5) Way more useful at work.
6) More self confident and less stressed.

I have failed on all six counts. Things with the smart guy and I were better off as just friends, and he is now dating a girl he claims is his soul mate (I don't believe in such hooey). I sort of live with my dorm roommate, but she's not officially living with me yet. I got kicked out of that living situation and landed in a much, MUCH better one with my cousin, who I got to know better and watch her son grow up! I haven't gone home nearly as often as I should, but then again "home" is completely redefined for me now. Things have gone horribly horribly wrong with my stepmother and I have lost all respect and any inch of caring for the girlfriend. I am a little more useful at work in that I will come in for extra hours whenever needed, and I am starting to learn how to schedule soon (I am also slowly mastering the new paperless-order system faster than most!). However, until I can schedule and am more knowledgeable about certain exams, there isn't much I can do to help. And six is a joke. Nothing like family problems to tear you down and wear you out.


So here's my dream for 2011:
1) To get an A in at least one class - something I failed to do fall term 2010.
2) To keep my bank account balanced.
2.5) To spend less
3) To keep in better contact with old friends and family
4) To cut back on my technology dependence - it's getting ridiculous!
5) To read at least 2 fun books a month
6) To work out more
7) To organize my house
8) To start learning to cook real meals
9) To find a person worth modeling my life after
10) To not dye my hair. at all. not even once.
10.5) To actually fall in love with my hair

Let's see how well this list works out! Last year's bombed, hardcore, but these mostly are little things I can change, instead of huge personality traits or giant portions of my life.

Well, I can't say I'm sorry to see you go, 2010. I'm excited to see what 2011 has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.