Monday, December 20, 2010

Ring-a-ling

Hello, Christmas time!
I'm finally getting into the whole Christmas spirit - a bit slower than usual, but here comes my jingle bells and fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la. My tree is up, albiet crooked and a little bare, with homemade snowflakes made out of water, borax, and pipe cleaners, hanging above it.

However, my presents remained unwrapped.

Yes, that's right. 5 days til Christmas and I have not wrapped a single present. It may have to do with the fact that I hate wrapping presents. I prefer bags, with tissue paper. I can never seem to make my presents appear as pretty as they should be- rather, they look like they were ran over with a truck. The edges are lumpy, the seams never line up, and it's just a disaster from start to end.

I have learned a great secret when it comes to wrapping presents however - find someone else to do it for you! This year, the someone else comes in two - my grandma and my mom. My grandma is wrapping my presents for my sisters to open at dad's family Christmas and my mom lovingly offered to wrap my roommate's, my stepbrother's, my old roommate/cousin's, and a few of my friends'. Yes, I may have pathetically whined incessantly til they caved, but that's not the point!

Also, my 10-year-old cousin is coming to stay with me for a couple of days. (Can you say free help?) I'll see if she'll help a cousin out.

Shoot. Five days til Christmas... I really need to get my butt in gear!

Bring it on, wrapping paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.