Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble gobble

That's right, folks.
Tomorrow is Turkey Day, aka the best holiday EVER.

I love Thanksgiving. More than any other holiday. Even Christmas pales in comparison.

I mean, the holiday is traditionally based on food and family. Can you get any better?

Nope.

Just thinking of the turkey, the potatoes, the delicious pumpkin pie, and of course Gramma Tiny's homemade rolls has me drooling. Sadly, I have to only enjoy the soft foods due to my new collection of metal in my mouth- oh wait, all the good Thanksgiving food IS soft food. oooh buddy, I'm gonna gain back all ten pounds I've lost in the past month, and love every minute of it.

Now time for.......(drum roll please).....the traditional "What I'm Thankful For" list.
With a twist!
1) I'm thankful for my stepmom, who has shown me this year who my real family is.
2) I'm thankful for a certain almost-roommate, who let me escape her crazy and get to know my cousin again
3) I'm thankful for my orthodontist, who is helping me lose weight by putting braces on me today, the day before the feast
4) I'm thankful for all the bad in my life, so I can appreciate the good.

I know it's not typical, but I feel like I say the same things every year so I twisted it up a bit.

Now, time to enjoy some pumpkin cake, then head home to the Rock.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.