Sunday, August 1, 2010

the epitome of my nerdiness

I am, without a doubt, a complete and total nerd.

Most 19-year-olds go out with friends, party hardy, and have social lives. Not me - I would rather go home, slip on some sweats, and read.

I love school. Like, if it was free, I would stay in school my entire life. I don't even mind doing homework. I just love learning.

This fall, my true nerd status kicks in. I'm taking 20 credits, 12 of them being language classes. I'm gonna be taking Spanish, Latin, and Ancient Greek. The best part is - I can't wait to get started! I absolutely love languages. I wanted to take French and German as well, but I do have to take classes towards my English major... which I'm also incredibly excited about. Since I'm a English - Linguistics major, I get to learn about the science behind languages! I'm actually a little bummed I couldn't fit in more classes. I also wish there were more Honors classes offered, since there are none offered that would help me in any way.

This summer, I took eleven credits worth of classes, and I'm actually bummed that two of them are over now, and I only have two weeks left on my computer science course. However, that means I am now free to finally read some of the 20+ books I have bought in the last year and haven't had the time to read yet. It's gonna be me and a book, every day from here on out. (Minus my trip to see the other Heidi in Washington, but that's still not 100% confirmed.)

Anybody else a complete nerd? Steve Urkles of the world, Unite!

picture via google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.