Thursday, July 1, 2010

The things we learn from tv

“The only way to get better is to make mistakes.”

Best life advice ever, given by a judge on So You Think You Can Dance.

We can’t grow unless we let ourselves acknowledge the fact that we need to change. We have to consciously make efforts to change ourselves, preferably for the better. We have to know where we need to work, and let ourselves grow. As Mia Michaels said, we need to make mistakes. We have to open up to being flawed and making huge fools out of ourselves. Making mistakes is tough, but they are a necessary factor in life and sometimes can be the most fun part of things.

I make mistakes almost daily. I try to never make the same mistake twice, but some of my mistakes have been the best moments of my life. I have become a stronger, better person because of my past, and I can’t wait to see what my future brings to me. I love learning, so I try to grasp every opportunity I can. I sometimes have to throw the rule book out the window and feel my way through life, but that’s when I learn the most. Stepping out of our comfortable, perfect daily scheduled lives and doing the things that scare us is the way to go.

I’m scared outta my mind, but I’m ready to leap into the unknown. Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.