Friday, March 2, 2012

Good news has come at last

I figured out the best news ever yesterday, and got some excellent news to go right along with it today!!!

It turns out that this overachieving crazy head right here will be a college graduate after fall term 2012. Yep, that's right. I will graduate at the end of this year! So exciting!!!

Also, awesome news. My university only has one graduation ceremony, so I get to walk with my friends in June. This means that for six months I will be hanging around town, just working on my thesis and keeping my part-time job. I may even hopefully get a second job that works with my current position's hours. It'd be awesome to get a full time position somewhere nearby. as long as I can write my thesis while I work (my current job allows me to study while working. it's kinda the best job ever) I will be a happy camper.

Oh, yes. I have a thesis topic!! After two or three months of heart wrenching stress and misery over the stupid thing, I think I finally found something I can actually work on without giving me an ulcer. And the professor who I currently intern for agreed to by my thesis advisor. Which is awesome. I love her.

Oh, and I get to leave the Pacific Northwest's dreary rain and cold wind for Texas in 21 days. My aunt is flying me down to visit her for a week, and I could not be any more excited! I'm a little nervous - it's my first time flying alone, and I've never hung out with just me and my aunt before. She absolutely ADORES my sister Kailee, which makes me super nervous because while K and I are sorta similar, it's hard for relatives to realize I am not Kailee or Brittni, that I am a completely different person with different ideas of a good time....

But FINALLY. I am getting a break. a good break. I have needed this good news for so long it's ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. First, CONGRATS!!! That is exciting!
    Second, Thank You so much for responding to our questions:) I am glad you like FFF, We do too and it's here to stay even if a couple people say they don't like it.
    More sister sister and hopefully Ginny will get on the ball with the MAKE UP MONDAYS :)
    xo
    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love MMBB, and I'm saving up to get myself a MMBB present for graduation :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.