Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What I Know Now

Here is what I have learned so far:
I know absolutely nothing about Celiac's disease.

I've got books I can't bring myself to read, 
and an incredibly supportive husband and family.
I am still reeling, and it's been almost 2 months since I first heard!

I have the biopsies to prove it: I have Celiac disease.
A very simplified explanation is that I am allergic to gluten and it causes intestinal damage
Do you know how many food items have gluten in them?
You would be surprised.

It's not just wheat based items, like bread or pasta.
Gluten is a tricky little bastard that hides all over.
It's in soy sauce, ketchup - heck, I've had to replace my makeup, my shampoo, even my lotion!
The argument about topical applications is still going,
but I figure I would rather be safe than sorry.

I promise I'll be back with something else soon! 
It won't be all Celiac's here, but that's my current major battle.

1 comment:

  1. Would you be comfortable continuing to share information on how you've evolved your diet and life lifestyle around this disease as your journey continues?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read and love every single comment and try to reply as soon as I can.